Commute Challenge--Day Four
The sky turned blue at 5:30 this morning and promptly turned gray again. Before the Montlake Bridge this morning I passed another rider wearing her "Team Captain" t-shirt. It's fun to be able to make eye contact with fast moving folks in the morning light.
The reason there are fewer superheros is that thanks to cell phones there are fewer phone booths in which to change clothes. I spend a good part of my day changing in and out of my bike shorts hoping I don't leave my underwear in the bathroom or drop it in the hallway on the way back to my classroom.
I think I've convinced another 6th grade science teacher to start to ride to work. I've challenged him and will put a tally board up in the hallway. An activist teacher is a dangerous thing! :)
The reason there are fewer superheros is that thanks to cell phones there are fewer phone booths in which to change clothes. I spend a good part of my day changing in and out of my bike shorts hoping I don't leave my underwear in the bathroom or drop it in the hallway on the way back to my classroom.
I think I've convinced another 6th grade science teacher to start to ride to work. I've challenged him and will put a tally board up in the hallway. An activist teacher is a dangerous thing! :)


<< Home